Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Season 3, Episode 6 - The Blue Flame of Vengeance




Art by Gary Gianni

"The Lord hath led my feet into many strange places, and over many queer paths," said he sombrely. "Some were fair and many were foul; sometimes I seemed to wander without purpose or guidance but always when I sought deep I found fit reason therefor. And harkee, lad, forbye the fires of Hell there is no hotter fire than the blue flame of vengeance which burneth a man's heart night and day without rest until he quench it in blood."

"It hath been my duty in times past to ease various evil men of their lives - well, the Lord is my staff and my guide and methinks he hath delivered mine enemy into mine hands."


Hello fellow travelers on the path of vengeance! Today we present unto you the Solomon Kane tale, The Blue Flame of Vengeance. Join us for a swashbuckling tale of civilized savagery, smuggling, the knife fight to end all knife fights, and of course, that constant companion, Death! Luke finds beauty in the humanity of Solomon Kane while Josh and Jon wonder if there isn't something supernatural about the man.  

Tune in and also let us know what you think of the tale down in the comments!

Our next tale of savage and bloody vengeance will be "The Hills of the Dead" (Read it on Project Gutenberg Australia.) 


One things
Jon: Dr. San Guinary's Creature Feature (It features creatures!) 
Josh: The Cat Lady, the official old cat lady video game (also a psychological thriller that will make you reflect on the choices you've made in your life...)
Luke: Lore, Elder's newest album (THUNDEROUS RIFFS! Really, these guys are good!) 

Our episode is freely available on archive.org and is licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ 

Beginning theme: "Sudden Defeat" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0. 


Our closing theme for this episode is "Blue Flame" performed by Sylvan Shulman and His Orchestra. All music was obtained legally; we hope our discussion of this content makes you want to go out and purchase the work!


Questions? Comments? Curses? Email us! (thecromcast at gmail dot com)


Leave us a voice mail! (859) 429-CROM! (That's 859-429-2766)


Follow us on Twitter! Or on Facebook!

7 comments:

  1. *makes a note of the term "brain cannon" for future cultural blogging*

    Don't you guys call it "meta"? I usually just say I'm reading too much into stuff lol. But I love reading too much into stuff and people who do so that's ok.

    I'm listening to that 7 hour The Projection Booth podcast on Conan in shifts. I've just paused it at 5 hours 30 minutes. Looking forward to hearing Josh in that last hour and a half!

    I'm also curious to hear Jon's big theory on Mr Kane in the season retrospective. He's teased us good!

    Ta for another great ep!

    Esca-later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to ask... what were y'all drinking? You never got round to telling us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jim! Luke and Josh had some Goose Island Honker's Ale and I sipped deeply from a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year. Did you enjoy and adult beverage while listening in?

      Delete
    2. Oooo, I love Goose Island! I usually have their IPA but might treat myself to one of their strong and, alas, expensive bourbon beers for my birthday.

      I usually listen in the morning over a coffee... Irish coffee if I've had a rough night lol

      Delete
  3. Great cast. I think between Kane just regretting that the vengeance has been played out and any remorse he may feel for having to kill anyone, we should remember these guys he kills are pretty despicable villains. I always did see SK as a Spectre type - if he doesn't take care of Banway and Fishhawk, who will? Should he be the one to do it? That leads to any remorse, because he is not so foolish as to be sure he is. But he takes up the task because vengeance is not for everyone, even if they are the ones being hard done by.

    Loved that vignette by Gianni when SK appears - with the crow sitting there. Does make you think, I like the more supernatural elements with Kane, but for sure the battle with Fishhawk is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel bad for Solomon, it's a heavy burden to bear.

      Delete
  4. Hi..............
    thanks for you have a nice blog posting

    To be successful you must prepare a clear plan and approach for your Promotional Staff. Your plan will have to include how you will reach out to your listeners and how you will be able to respond and interact with your engaged participants.

    ReplyDelete