Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Season 2, Episode 2: Sword Woman

 


"Aye, Dark Agnès!” said Étienne, lifting himself on elbow. “A star of darkness shone on her birth, of darkness and unrest. Where ever she goes shall be blood spilling and men dying. I knew it when I saw her standing against the sunrise that turned to blood the dagger in her hand.”

“I have paid my debt to you,” I said. “If I placed your life in jeopardy, I have bought it back with blood.” And casting his dripping sword at his feet, I turned toward the door.
Guiscard, who had been staring like one daft, shook himself as if from a trance, and strode after me

“Nails of the Devil!” quoth he. “What has just passed has altered my mind entirely! You are such another as Black Margot of Avignon. A true sword-woman is worth a score of men. Would you still march with me?”

“As a companion-in-arms,” I answered. “I’m mistress to none.”

“None save Death,” he answered, glancing at the corpses.


Art by Stephen Fabian
Art by Ken Kelly



Art by John Watkiss


Hail, Cromrades! We have returned from the pages of deep history to discuss another thrilling adventure with you! This time, we join the swashbuckling sword woman Agnes de Chastillon on her quest. Does she search for lost gold, or magical artifacts? Nay, brave traveler, she seeks that most elusive treasure - equality.

We weren't able to find an open source copy of this tale for you this time. However, you can snag a copy from eBay or Amazon.com, or better yet, peruse your local book store. Luckily, these Dark Agnes tales aren't hard to find!

Next time, we'll cover the second Dark Agnes tale, Blades for France! Join us!


This episode is freely available on archive.org and is licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Beginning theme: "Sudden Defeat" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

Ending theme: "Violence of the Red Sea" by Earthless. Used without permission. Purchase their album here!

Questions? Comments? Curses? Email us! (thecromcast at gmail dot com)

Call us! (859) 429-CROM!

Follow us on Twitter! Or on Facebook!

Subscribe to our feed on FeedBurner! Or, check us out on iTunes!

The music included in this episode's discussion is used without the permission of the creators. All music was obtained legally. We hope our discussion of this content makes you want to go out and purchase their work. Support the artists!