Here we go!
Season 9 – The Road of Revisions: An exploration of Robert E. Howard’s revised works, as edited by him and others.
- The Initiation – "By This Axe I Rule!" vs "The Phoenix on the Sword" by Robert E. Howard
- The Extension – "The God in the Bowl" by RE Howard vs "The God in the Bowl" by L. Sprague de Camp
- The Inspiration – "The Striking of the Gong" by RE Howard vs "The Striking of the Gong" amended by Lin Carter
- The Adaptation – Representations of "Queen of the Black Coast" in Comics
- The Transformation – "The Black Stranger" by RE Howard to "Swords of the Red Brotherhood" by RE Howard to "The Treasure of Tranicos" by L. Sprague de Camp.
- The Progression – "The Spears of Clontarf" to "The Grey God Passes" to "The Cairn on the Headland", all by Robert E. Howard
- The Weirdification – The Weird/Mundane Dichotomy of "The Fire of Asshurbanpal" by Robert E. Howard
- The Expansion – "Nekht Semerkhet" by RE Howard vs "Nekht Semerkhet" expanded by Andrew J. Offutt
- The Recapitulation – What can we learn from exploring the revisions of Howard’s work and comparing them to the original stories and fragments?
|Oh, the places we'll go!|
We hope you'll join us!
Questions? Comments? Curses?
Email us! (thecromcast at gmail dot com)You know you want to follow us on Twitter!
Did you know that we're on Facebook?
We're posting photos on the Instagrams!
Subscribe to our feed on FeedBurner!
Or, check us out on iTunes!
We're also on Stitcher Radio and Google Play!
Finally.... Call us! (859) 429-CROM!